Saturday, June 11, 2011

PTI Make It Monday #18 - Tissue Paper Texture

This week's Make It Monday technique was brought to us by Betsy Veldman. You can read all the info and watch the video here.

My background is Pink Gingham tissue by International Greetings USA. I couldn't get it to adhere well, so I finally ran the cardstock panel through my Xyron machine and then placed the crinkled paper on it. The little wrinkles after running it through my Cuttlebug are quite pretty but did not photograph well. The bottom strip is Hybiscus Burst Bitty Dot covered with white tissue. It muted the color and made a great match with my little fabric flowers.


The watering can was cut with the Garden Variety die out of a scrap of 12x12 paper that has a texture that reminds me of brushed aluminum. I didn't attempt to stamp it, just colored it with Copics and adhered with pop dots. I also used the new Picket Fence die. My rose bush is made with PTI Leaf Ribbon and flowers snipped from trim purchased from Christopher Pines on Etsy. The butterfly is from Butterfly Dreams and colored with Copics. The sentiment is from Garden Variety. The sprinkles of water are Martha Stewart Carrara Marble Coarse glitter sprinkled on dots of Zig 2 Way Glue.



I hope you enjoyed your visit. Thanks for stopping by. Your comments are greatly appreciated.

15 comments:

Karen C. said...

Linda, I love every detail on your card. It really creates such a cute picture - perfect for framing!!
The glittery water droplets are priceless and the leaf ribbon and flowers make a pretty 'rose garden'.

Keva said...

This is very pretty. I love the "water" coming down and the realistic flowers. This is really really pretty.

Aimes said...

Love your use of tissue in this fabby project! That watering can looks amazing and the sprinkles of water are so sweet!
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Jen Adcock said...

Oh my giddy aunt! You just astound! I cannot begin to describe how fantastic this card is. I mean really... An embroidery masterclass! The can, the flowers, everything. Stupendous!

JJ Bolton said...

All kinds of goodies in this card! I never thought of using the xyron to adhere the tissue paper. I made such a mess with mine using white glue. And I love the paper on the watercan! Overall, a stunning card!

Carol's Ink Spot said...

How Gorgeous your card is! I love every detail on it. The rose bush is beautiful and how clever to add 'water' to this.

Terri said...

Love it! I especially like the glitter you used coming from the watering can!

Laurie said...

Holy cow this is pretty! I love that watering can but what a super fun idea with the flowers and trim! I LOVE it!!

Marybeth said...

Love your card ,the flowers are amazing and the tissue on the pink and white backround is a great finish .

Stephanie said...

This is just gorgeous!!! Love the watering can and the paper you used combined with your coloring makes it look so amazing! Lovely card!

DF said...

So much loveliness!! I love the watering can details especially.

Cammie said...

Linda, you had me with the pink gingham! But then those beautiful flowers and leaves and the glittery water drops are fabulous! I love this super sweet garden scene. Bravo!!!

Unknown said...

Love this little scene you've created, what pretty flowers! And more pink again, loving the pink gingham!

Diane Jaquay said...

I LOVE the dimension the tissue paper flowers add to this BEAUTIFUL card!

Luies Malvia said...

I feel very thankful that I could read that awesome article. Thanks for sharing. Keep posting.
We also provide yahoo customer care services in USA & Canada. Feel free to contact us:
Yahoo Email Help Center