Thursday, June 2, 2011

Papertrey Ink - Make It Monday #17

This weeks Make it Monday technique - Cracked Glass - was demonstrated by Heather Nichols. You can view the information here.

This was certainly a new one for me. It looked so interesting, I visited my favorite craft store and bought a container of triple thick embossing powder. It took me a couple tries, but I was quite happy with my first attempt at this technique and want to do more. Thanks Heather, for introducing it to me.


The card base is PTI Kraft cardstock with a panel from Postmarks, edged with Chamomile Vintage Touch ink. The road is a stripe of Smokey Shadow stamped with the dashed line from Faux Ribbon. The map, frame, compass and sentiment are from Road Trip. Inside is Are We There Yet from the same set and Happy Father's Day from Fillable Frames #4. It's for DGS to give his Dad. He loves to get us all going by asking said phrase before we even leave the driveway. Hope our son gets it!

Thanks for stopping by.

7 comments:

Marlena M. said...

This is a wonderful, masculine card. I love that sentiment! ;)

Sara P said...

What a great card! I love it. The sentiment is great.

Teresa said...

That just looks great on the compass. It was my first time too. Glad I"m not the only one.

Sharron said...

Fabulous job with the challenge! I love how well the technique works on the compass. The colors are perfect and what a great sentiment!

Terri said...

Great masculine card, Love your use of the technique, Still waiting for my UTEE to arrive so I can try it too.

Unknown said...

Oh gorgeous! Love this masculine card! And the colors too, perfect! So glad to have a minute to visit!

Jill said...

I agree--compass image + cracked glass technique = awesome! This is so classy, Linda (and the story about your DGS adds some sweet humor!), and just made for this technique. I think you just talked me into this set! ;-D