Thursday, February 10, 2011

PTI-Anniversary Celebration Button Challenge

Today's PTI challenge was to use buttons. Over my many years of crafting, I have used buttons to make ornaments, wreaths, decorate candles, strung as arms and legs of a shelf-sitter doll and sewn onto fabric for pillows to quilts. Today all I could handle was a card.

The Button Boutique release has made me a really happy stamper. I have collected many buttons and button cards, but now we can make our own. The image I used is from Sew Nice, a sheet of vintage prints by Heartwarming Vintage. The large tag is from Michelle Wooderson's Etsy shop and stamped with It's Official.


I made the flower using tissue I found on clearance in Target, half matching Raspberry Fizz and half matching Hawaiian Shores. It's cut with Beautiful Blooms II #1 die collection - the two smaller dies.

My big creative use of the buttons is to make my own stick pin from a corsage pin, removing the pearl and adhering a tiny pearl button. It's finished off with the Dress Form die cut, a MS tag stamped with Mixed Messages and some Raspberry Fizz buttons.

I just made, what I would like to call, a presentation pocket. I bought the bags (and the red gingham ones, too) from It's in the Bag!, Michelle Philippi's ETSY shoppe.

I'm off to Target to get a great candy bar or something Raspberry Fizz-y to put in the front pocket. I'm going to give it to our DIL on Saturday. I 'kinda' invited ourselves to their place to finally celebrate Christmas. I think she deserves an "official" thank you! Any great suggestions?

The festivities at PTI continue for four more days. Thanks for dropping by.

13 comments:

Rhonda said...

Very classy Linda. Love the flower and pins.

Mad for Paper said...

Love this. All of the different details have been brought together beautifully.
TFS
Ang

Suzanne said...

Linda, this is so elegant. I love the vintage feel of it! Cute bag too!

kari bell said...

wow! love this card. the pins, flower and tags are great together. good luck winning the big button prize.

Eva said...

Wow these are very pretty...love the old sack/bag on the last project.

Kay D said...

Ooh, this is just loaded with vintage-y goodness- I love it!

Terri said...

Great job! I love all the different elements especially the flower. I really need to start using my dress form die too! I bet your DIL will love it.

Carol's Ink Spot said...

What a wonderful shabby looking card! Love your flower and the stick pins.

Kelly S. said...

SO LOVELY! That pink flower is gorgeous and makes everything pop!

Jen Adcock said...

What pretty creations. The card above is like a fun scene in a vintage design room. This is so clever and very unique. I love the order slip on the tag. Gosh you're good to have put this all together. The bag is the perfect envie. Amazing job! So so inspiring!

Diane Jaquay said...

Oh WOW Linda, so many beautiful elements that you've combined here, LOVE LOVE LOVE!

Sharron said...

Linda, this is SO pretty! What wonderful details and the flower is gorgeous! Fabulous job--love it!

Angy said...

Way cool - love the layers on the tag and really like the vintage looking pockets...