Monday, February 14, 2011

Love Notes - CSC26

Happy Valentine's Day!

I got this one done just under the wire. I made it for my sweetie and gave it to him before dinner. It got the normal - "Very nice." He's a man of few words.

Don't tell him, but I followed the guidelines for our February Peeps Challenge. Thanks Marinette for hosting this one. Then when I saw today's Make-it-Monday, I decided to try the Vellum Sentiment Strip technique described in Nichole Heady's video today.




I made the flower with red tissue, diecut with Beautiful Blooms II #1 (medium and small dies). The stick pins are made with punched True Black cardstock coated with Ranger Glossy Accents. The heart doily is tea-dyed.

I love the sentiment inside. I had to print it by computer as I'm waiting for a replacement due to a spelling error. In my rush I omitted the author - Channing Pollock.



Hope you had a great day and thanks for dropping by. Looking forward to the PTI release tonight!


supplies
Paper: PTI Vintage Cream, Pure Poppy; unknown vellum
Stamps: PTI Background Basics: Hearts, Love Birds; KaiserCraft Sheet Music; Clear & Simple music notes
Ink: PTI Vintage Cream, Smokey Shadow, True Black, Vintage Touch Duo
Other: Hobby Lobby edging and doily, foam adhesive dots

12 comments:

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Beautiful card! Darling stick pins and you made them! Nice touch with the vellum sentiment strip. Thanks for you sweet comment on my blog recently also. I'll be at the release as I must have the doilies and add to my collection of friendship jar fillers!

Lori said...

Very pretty! Love your homemade stick pins.

Merry said...

That is such a wonderful sentiment.....wonderful card.

Sharron said...

Linda, this is SO pretty! I love all the details and the sentiment on the inside is really wonderful--perfect for your card. Those little stick pins are adorable and so is the heart doily (do you think PTI will someday come out with a heart!!). Adding the vellum strip was genius--works great for the challenge!

Angy said...

Oh, this is so sweet! Love those music stick pins as well.

Julie said...

Beautiful card, love the heart doily and those pins are just gorgeous! I'm right up the road near Gettysburg, PA. Thanks for joining us this week at CASE Study.

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Wonderful, sweet card! Thank you so much for playing CASE Study this week! xxx

Unknown said...

oh wow!! the flower is beautiful

Terri said...

So pretty. Love all the different elements but especially the pins and the doily.

Rhonda said...

One of my favorite color combos. The pop of black is just the right touch.

DF said...

Beautiful!

Nerina said...

What a beautiful card Linda! I love the doilies mixed with the vellum strip - everything looks so elegant and finished! Your flower and stick pins are the perfect finishing touches - your flower especially looks so full and rich!