Sunday, May 15, 2011

Papertrey Peeps May Challenge -April Showers Bring May Flowers

May is all about the blooms. Terri brought us this months challenge. Check it out and you'll see her take on some fun dimensional blossoms. And now I'm trying to plan what to do with this month's PTI Blog Hop which is also about flowers.
One of the reasons I haven't been creating much lately, is that we've been spending every available minute in our gardens - weeding, mulching, separating, dividing, planting, and on and on and on. It's been wonderful when it isn't raining. The temperatures have been cool with low humidity. We want to get as much done as possible before the heat and humidity set in.
Here's two little posies I made for our granddaughters.


The felt (just the inexpensive kind from Joanns) flowers are made in a style I first saw by Betsy Veldman with six Beautiful Blooms II #1 die cuts, each folded in quarters and adhered to a covered hair clip. (already wrapped and purchased from Michaels ) The centers are fabric covered brads using the I-top tool from Imaginese. I cut two slits in each Button Card stamped with Raspberry Fizz and Spring Moss. I am anxiously awaiting the new inks. I only had the cubes and they are getting so-o-o dry.
Well, that's it for now. I hope to be back later with my Make It Monday card. Waiting for my battery to charge on the camera so I can download. Thanks for stopping by.

4 comments:

Carol's Ink Spot said...

These are Cute! Like how you used the Button Card to display them.

Diane Jaquay said...

Linda, these are so CUTE, and they look great on the button card!!!

Rhonda said...

Adorable Linda! Amen on the inks. I'm so ready for new ones.

Terri said...

Love those flowers. They look great on the button cards too. Thanks for playing along.